Today we’re going to be joined by Dr. Kevin Christie of the Modern Chiropractic Marketing Podcast and we’re going to talk about marketing chiropractic of course but more specifically, marketing responsibly and marketing the right way.
But first, here’s that sweet sweet bumper music
OK, we are back and you have found the Chiropractic Forward Podcast where we are making evidence-based chiropractic fun, profitable, and accessible while we make you and your patients better all the way around.
We’re the fun kind of research. Not the stuffy, high-brow kind of research. We’re research talk over a couple of beers.
I’m Dr. Jeff Williams and I’m your host for the Chiropractic Forward podcast.
If you haven’t yet I have a few things you should do.
- Like our Facebook page,
- Join our private Facebook group and interact, and then
- go review our podcast on iTunes and other podcast platforms.
- We also have an evidence-based brochure and poster store at chiropracticforward.com
- While you’re there, join our weekly email newsletter. No spam, just a reminder when the newest episodes go live. Nothing special so don’t worry about signing up. Just one a week friends. Check your JUNK folder!!
Do it do it do it.
You have found yourself smack dab in the middle of Episode #130
Now if you missed last week’s episode, we talked about Chronic Pain and Exercise. That episode had some excellent stuff in it from Craig Liebneson, Annie O’Connor, and several others. Great stuff. Make sure you don’t miss that info. Keep up with the class.
While we’re on the topic of being smart, did you know that you can use our website as a resource? Quick and easy, you can go to chiropracticforward.com
, click on Episodes, and use the search function to find whatever you want quickly and easily. With over 100 episodes in the tank and an average of 2-3 papers covered per episode, we have somewhere between 250 and 300 papers that can be quickly referenced along with their talking points.
Just so you know, all of the research we talk about in each episode is cited in the show notes for each episode if you’re looking to dive in a little deeper.
On the personal end of things…..
When we have a guest, we typically dispense with personal practice observations. Other than my sharing with you all that it looks like I’m about to fully entertain hiring an associate. You know I’ll keep you all updated on this process and how it goes. Something that is that big of a change is, of course, stressful as hell. Throw in a pandemic and you might just say I’m up to my damn ears and eyes but sometimes, you’re led one direction or the other. Sometimes opportunity knocks and you must answer the door. We’ll see how it goes.
Right now though, let’s get to our guest today and let’s get to marketing chiropractic.
Kevin Christie understands the unique pressures of the evidence-informed chiropractor. Kevin has run his own practice for over fourteen years. With two offices and multiple staff (plus associates), he knows how important it is to not just be excellent at treating patients but being a great leader and marketer as well.
Kevin has worked with the NFL, PGA Tour, and has been featured on ESPN and Fox Sports.
Using the best tools available to us in the digital age, Kevin empowers evidence-informed chiropractors to achieve their own dreams of running a successful practice. Tools that help with marketing chiropractic.
Welcome to the show Dr. Christie, can I call you Kevin and you call me Jeff?
- First thing’s first, congrats on the new baby. Are you getting any sleep?
- Tell me a little about you. Being located in Boca Raton now, did you grow up in Florida?
- What’s your chiro story? Why, of all of the things to be in the world, did you choose chiropractic?
- I first became aware of you through your podcast. I was doing a little chiro podcasting research when I decided to turn my weekly blog into a weekly podcast. Then through your podcast, I sought out and joined your Facebook group by the same name. Your funnel worked on me. What got you so interested in podcasting, marketing chiropractic, and Facebook groups?
- While I am mostly about research and evidence-based, patient-centered practice on this podcast, marketing is something I’ve done a lot of work on and is a big part of what I do day-to-day. It has definitely played a big part in what I talk about here on the podcast from week to week. I haven’t personally heard you weave current research literature into your marketing teachings but I know you are very evidence-based in your practice approach. How does being evidence-based and patient-centered play into your strategies and techniques for marketing chiropractic?
- You have teamed up with Dr. Bobby Maybee to create a group called Chiropractic Success Academy. Tell me about it. How is it different than the run of the mill guru practice management groups? What doctors fit this group the best?
- You do so many things, what does a regular week pre-COVID, look like for you?
- If there were a younger chiropractor, fairly fresh out of school that wanted to be a Dr. Kevin Christie, where would you tell them to start and what steps would you tell them to take? What have been your career ‘game-changers’?
- Speaking of younger chiropractors, when we met face to face in St. Louis at the Forward ’19 event, you told me about preceptors. I went an applied at Logan and I’m in. But I think there’s something more appealing about a young chiropractor going to Boca Raton rather than Amarillo, TX. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is but, for some of the older docs out there looking at needing some help and they have a teacher’s heart, can you share some of your preceptorship experiences with our audience?
- Tell me about this new book you have coming out that Parker is publishing. How’d it all come about?
I really appreciate you taking the time. There’s literally something for every chiropractor in this episode, good luck with the book, thanks for helping others to learn marketing chiropractic ethically, and I know I’ll be buying one.
Alright, that’s it. Y’all be safe. Continue taking care of yourselves and taking care of your neighbors. Tough times are upon us but, the sun will shine again. Trust it, believe it, count on it.
Let’s get to the message. Same as it is every week.
Remember the evidence-informed brochures and posters at chiropracticforward.com
I want you to know with absolute certainty that when Chiropractic is at its best, you can’t beat the risk vs reward ratio because spinal pain is primarily a movement-related pain and typically responds better to movement-related treatment rather than chemical treatments like pills and shots.
When compared to the traditional medical model, research and clinical experience show us patients can get good to excellent results for headaches, neck pain, back pain, and joint pain to name just a few.
It’s safe and cost-effective can decrease surgeries & disability and we do it through conservative, non-surgical means with minimal hassle to the patient.
And, if the patient treats preventativly after initial recovery, we can usually keep it that way while raising the overall level of health!
At the end of the day, patients should have the guarantee of having the best treatment that offers the least harm. When it comes to non-complicated musculoskeletal complaints….
Send us an email at dr dot williams at chiropracticforward.com and let us know what you think of our show and tell us your suggestions for future episodes.
Feedback and constructive criticism is a blessing and so are subscribes and excellent reviews on podcast platforms.
We know how this works by now. If you value something, you have to share it, interact with it, review it, talk about it from time to time, and actively hit a few buttons to support it here and there when asked. It really does make a big difference.
We can’t wait to connect with you again next week. From the Chiropractic Forward Podcast flight deck, this is Dr. Jeff Williams saying upward, onward, and forward.
Social Media Links
Chiropractic Forward Podcast Facebook GROUP
Player FM Link
About the Author & Host
Dr. Jeff Williams – Chiropractor in Amarillo, TX, Chiropractic Advocate, Author, Entrepreneur, Educator, Businessman, Marketer, and Healthcare Blogger & Vlogger