CF 073: w/ Tim Bertelsman – Chiropractic Standards, Chiropractic Specialists, Importance of State Associations
Today we’re going to be talking with Dr. Tim Bertlesman about all kinds of things. Kind of like a discussion amongst friends where anything is really on the table but we’ll hone in a little on chiropractic standardization, chiropractic specialities, and our experiences working on the state levels for our respective state associations.
It’s going to be another great one that you’ll want to share with your colleagues but first, here’s that syrupy bumper music!
We’re here to advocate for chiropractic while we also make your life easier using research and some good solid common sense and smart talk.
Part of making your life easier is having the right patient education tools in your office. Tools that educate based on solid, researched information. We offer you that. It’s done for you. We are taking pre-orders right now for our brand new, evidence-based office brochures available at chiropracticforward.com. Just click the STORE link at the top right of the home page and you’ll be off and running. Just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if something is out of sorts or isn’t working correctly.
If you’re like me, you get tired of answering the same old questions. Well, these brochures make great ways of educating while saving yourself time and breath. They’re also great for putting in take-home folders.
Go check them out at chiropracticforward.com under the store link. While you’re there, sign up for the newsletter won’t you? We won’t spam you. Just one email per week to remind you when the new episode comes out. That’s it.
We will be launching an athletes and opioids eBook toward the end of this month. It’s called A case for chiropractic disrupting the cycle of pain, prescriptions, and addiciton. I’m linking it in the show notes so go get and check it out.
Let’s talk a bit about the DACO program. Well, our guest today is intimately involved with the DACO here in America and, in fact, is the one that unknowingly got me into this whole thing.
I finished it. It’s all done. I’m just going ot start studying for the exams now. The first one will be on July 20th. If I come back from that one with my dobber in the dirt, then it didn’t go so well but we don’t plan on that happening.
Since our guest is a big part of it all, we’re going to leave the DACO talk there and meet him.
Our guest graduated from Logan College of Chiropractic in 1991. He then went on to get his CCSP there at Logan as well finishing those up in 1994.
In addition to the CCSP, he is a DACO, a Diplomate of the Academy of Chiropractic Orthopedists and is an instructor for their live hours. So he gets to travel around getting unsusepcting and impressionable docs involved in the DACO.
He is not only a member of the ACA and the Illinois Chiropractic Society, but is also a former President of the Illinois Chiropractic Society.
He is also, and maybe most-importantly, the co-founder of ChiroUp which has to be seen to be believed quite honestly. You can do that by going to ChiroUp.com. I’m a member and you probably will want to be as well.
Let’s get it started here. Welcome to the show Dr. Tim Bertlesman. Thank you for joining me today.
- 300 hours later – I want to thank you for getting me into this mess called the DACO. I’m blaming it all on you and Bill Lawson.
- Tell me about your journey into chiropractic
- From your CV, I see that you did the CCSP right out of school. What all have you done through that specific certification?
- Can you tell us the most striking difference between the two other than one is more geared toward sports?
- Tell me about your practice, what does it look like, who do you see mostly?
- Tell me about your journey into the DACO and what benefits you have personally realized from it.
- You and your business partner, Dr. Brandon Steele, do a great job at staying on top of the most current research. How do you do that? What are your sources?
- I want to hear a little about this friendly rivalry between you and Dr. Steele.
- Did you realize that when I put your name into a Google search to learn a little more about you that Bertlesman Chiropractic pulled up with Dr. Steele’s picture on it? I think his evil plan is beginning to come to fruition.
- When I had Dr. Steele on the show, we talked a bit about Standardization…as in making expectations more uniform for patients visiting chiropractic offices….. and we talked about Specialization such as through the DACO or the CCSP or CSCS. Can you share your thoughts on those two topics for us?
- Tell me about your involvement with your state association and what it has meant to you both personally and professionally
- What have you been able to accomplish or have you tried to accomplish legislatively? What struggles are the Illinois and Missouri chiropractors in the middle of these days?
- Tell me about chocolate cookies and sushi
- I noticed a couple of things from your ‘About Me’ page on your website that I’d love to hear more about.
- The Clinical Internship – Community Health Center
- Hospital externship at Deaconess Medical Center
- If people want to get more of Tim Bertelsman, what should they do? Where do they need to go to get their ‘fix’? I know you’ll be at ChiroTexpo in downtown Dallas again this year June 7-9. What else?
I want you to know with absolute certainty that when Chiropractic is at its best, you can’t beat the risk vs reward ratio because spinal pain is primarily a movement-related pain and typically responds better to movement-related treatment instead of chemical treatments like pills and shots.
When compared to the traditional medical model, research and clinical experience show that many patients get good or excellent results through chiropractic for headaches, neck pain, back pain, joint pain, to name just a few.
Chiropractic care is safe and cost-effective. It can decrease instances of surgery & disability. Chiropractors normally do this through conservative, non-surgical means with minimal time requirements or hassle to the patient.
And, if the patient develops a “preventative” mindset going forward from initial recovery, chiropractors can likely keep it that way while raising the general, overall level of health of the patient!
Patients should have the guarantee of having the best treatment offering the least harm.
Send us an email at dr dot williams at chiropracticforward.com and let us know what you think of our show or tell us your suggestions for future episodes. Feedback and constructive criticism is a blessing and so are subscribes and excellent reviews on iTunes and other podcast services. Y’all know how this works by now so help if you don’t mind taking a few seconds to do so.
Help us get to the top of podcasts in our industry. That’s how we get the message out.
We can’t wait to connect with you again next week. From the Chiropractic Forward Podcast flight deck, this is Dr. Jeff Williams saying upward, onward, and forward.
Social Media Links
Chiropractic Forward Podcast Facebook GROUP
Player FM Link
About the Author & Host
Dr. Jeff Williams – Chiropractor in Amarillo, TX, Chiropractic Advocate, Author, Entrepreneur, Educator, Businessman, Marketer, and Healthcare Blogger & Vlogger